Students Loan Trust FundPrecious Eshun
The Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) was founded by the Trustee Incorporation Act 1962, Act 106, to provide financial resources for the benefit of students, as well as to promote and enable the national objectives expressed in Articles 25 and 38 of the 1992 Constitution. It is intended to take the place of the SSNIT Student Loan Scheme. Parliament has enacted the Students Loan Trust Fund Act 2011, Act 820.
Students who apply are eligible for up to GH¢3000 or more over an academic year with the full amount divided and paid per semester. Here is Pcstartup guide on how to apply for Students Loan Trust Fund
- You must be a Ghanaian.
- You must have been offered admission to study an accredited tertiary programme in Ghana.
- You must be pursuing tertiary programme such as a diploma or 1st degree.
- You must have a valid Ghana Card Number (can be acquired at designated GRA offices for free)
- You must have an active registered Mobile Phone Number
- You must have a valid Email Address
- You must have a Student ID card or admission letter
- You must have an E-zwich Card (can be obtained at any bank)
Steps to apply for Students Loan Trust Fund
1. Create an account
- Click on the Signup button
- You may read the legal notice and click on Agree, that is if you agree.
- Fill in the required information and click on Next
- On user account info. page, tick the box “I agree to terms of service”(ie., if you agree to the terms of service) and click on Create Account button
- Once you create your account successfully, you will receive an activation code on your phone number or email. Input the code you received in the textbox and click on Activate Account button
- If for any reason you did not receive your activation code after 24hours, kindly contact the nearest Students Loan office for assistance.
- Note that any activation code sent to you expires after 48hours.
- Also make sure you enter your correct active phone number and email address should be in small letters to receive the activation code.
2. Activate Account
If you are not able to Activate your account;
- Enter your Ghana card number/SSNIT number and click on Send Code
- Once you receive the activation code enter it into the Verification Code input field and click on Verify button.
- After activating your account, you can now Sign in to fill your students loan application form online.
3. Complete Application
To complete the whole application process you need to;
- Upload all required and relevant supporting documents.
- Confirm your application details.
- Download and Upload all Agreement documents requested by the application.
- Take your biometric finger print at the nearest zonal or campus offices.
You will be contacted via email when your application is due. That’s all you need to do!
How to apply for Students Loan Trust Fund
1. Visit the SLTF website and create an account.
2. Use the code sent to your phone to activate your account.
3. Verify your account using Ghana Card.
4. Now, sign in to apply for Students Loan Trust Fund.
5. Upload all required and relevant supporting documents for Students Loan Trust Fund.
6. Confirm and download your application details.
7. Take your biometric finger print at the nearest zonal or campus offices.
How to retrieve Forgotten Password
If you have forgotten your password;
2. Enter your Ghana card number/SSNIT number and click on Next
3. Click on Send Code to request for your activation code.
4. Your activation code will be sent through SMS. Input the code in the Verification Code input field and click on Verify .
5. Input your new password and click on Submit .
6. You can now login with your Ghana card number/SSNIT number and your new password.
NB: If for any reason you did not receive your activation code after 24hours, kindly contact the nearest Students Loan office for assistance.
The Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF), wishes to inform all loan applicants that, no fees are charged by the SLTF for processing of loan applications. Applicants are advised to deal only with officials of the Fund and are at no point required to make any payments for the service.
Borrowers who are making payments are advised to use only SLTF approved repayment channels on our website.
Please visit the SLTF website (www.sltf.gov.gh) for a list of all official phone numbers, including our zonal offices across the country.
Kindly call 0302231886 or 0302231887 for more information, or to report any acts of extortion.